Why Stage My Home?
YOUR HOUSE IS NOT YOUR HOME
When your home comes on the market, it becomes a product, just like any other product on the store shelf. And, just like any other product, it has to compete with other products. The best looking product at the best price will be the one sold first.
- “The way you live in your home, and the way we market and sell your house are two different things.” ~ Barb Schwarz
- Staging is not decorating; it is about making your house appealing to a broad range of potential buyers.
Buying a home is an emotional experience. Remember seeing the model home where you thought, “I could move right into this home”? You envisioned yourself living there because it was warm and welcoming with the furniture and accessories. We do not live in vacant homes, therefore, it’s hard for a buyer to imagine himself or herself living in your vacant house.
- Statistics show 9 out of 10 potential buyers can’t visualize a vacant house furnished and accessorized, therefore, they can’t envision themselves living there, and they will move on, not in.
- Staging a vacant house gives buyers an idea of furniture size, and something they can compare to i.e. “My sofa is the same size as this one.”
- Staging a vacant property shows potential furniture arrangement, especially in a great room, or if the room is an odd shape.
- Buying a home is an emotional connection. It's much harder for a buyer to make t
hat connection to a sterile, empty home.
- A picture's worth a thousand words - and MONEY. When it comes to advertising, 84% of the buyers begin on the internet. At this point, the only thing that differentiates your listing from the competition is how the property looks in the photos. Buyers and Realtors decide which properties they will visit based on the pictures. A professionally staged home will outshine the competition.
- We can give you an estimate over the phone based on the information you provide.
- Moving forward, we can provide you with a written proposal, generally itemizing the furnishings we will use.
- A house staging is almost always completed in just a few hours.